The particular problem that I faced had to do with a concept called "dynos" in Heroku, which are the building blocks powering any Heroku app. In this post, I will explain what dynos are, the problem that affected my website, and how I fixed it.
The challenge for this week was to find a way to maintain the new order on the backend so that every time the user refreshes the page, it looks exactly like they'd expect.
React-Beautiful-DnD is a React package with a goal of creating drag and drop functionality for lists that anyone can use, even people who can't see. The main design goal is physicality - they want users to feel like they are moving objects around by hand.
In this post I will be diving into the important topic of Media Queries in CSS, providing examples of elements from my own project that needed mobile optimization and how I approached them.
In this post I'll cover some strategies to make your React application more responsive. I had a specific component in one of my projects that needed to be bypassed in order for my website to be optimal on mobile, and I will go through the steps I took to tackle that issue.
In general, functional testing is a "type of software testing whereby the system is tested against the functional requirements/specifications." These requirements are tested by feeding them sample input based on the function's specifications, determining the output based on the behavior of the program, and then comparing the actual and expected results.
For some reason, testing seemed like an intimidating skill to learn, but I realized it is actually not too difficult once you get started. I also am starting to understand its importance to maintaining well-organized and clean code.
I researched several ways of automating query jobs, both with npm packages and Ruby gems, but I finally came across Heroku Scheduler, which turned out to be much more straightforward than those other methods.
I've found myself interested in how to optimize my own efficiency and performance when working in pairs. I have also wondered whether pair programming has been proven to be more effective than individual work.